Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
I would also recommend going with the Burris Signature Zee rings. I would recenter the scope reticle when you change out the rings. The quickest way to recenter the reticle is to put the scope objective up against a bathroom mirror and adjust the double reticle image you see until they are aligned. When you order the Burris Signature Zee rings, I would also order a set of the Burris Pos-align inserts. This will allow you to bore sight the rifle or get it shooting close to the bull at 25 yards without using up any internal windage/elevation adjustments (clicks). Then you can move out to 100 yards for final sight-in.

To level the scope reticle, remove the bolt from the action and put a small bubble level on the flat tang surface at the rear of the action.That will get your rifle action level. Hang a plumb line on the opposite side of the room. Now looking through the scope you can align your reticle with the plumb line and everything is level-level.
COOL! Thank you JPDown! Uhh...stoopid question coming...when I'm doing the mirror thing...I'm looking through the scope or...

Brian; I'm lost but won't admit it..