Quote Originally Posted by 03mossy View Post
I will admit I have a soft spot for the 22-250 and hold it above all other calibers.
I too once had a great respect for the 22-250 (and still do) and I was always comparing other varmint rounds to it and they all seemed to fall short. Then I built my 243AI and started launching the 58gr V-Max at 4000+ FPS. The BC is nearly the same for the 55gr .224 V-Max and the 58gr .243 V-Max so no loss there and the added speed made it incredibly flat shooting. With my varmint barrel I wasn't having issues with not being able to watch my hits until over 500yds, but then again a mouse fart is enough to loose it out that far, and a brake would easily solve that.

I now find myself comparing my 243AI to my 6WSM, and the 6WSM looks like it will be even flatter and retain that to much greater distances being able to shoot the 105 A-Max at 3600+ FPS. Only issue there is mine does loose sight of the target from recoil, in hind-sight I wished I had threaded the muzzle for a brake when I had the barrel built. I will have to get around to that one of these days.

I too am not a big fan of the 204. I did a comparison of the 22-250 and 204 at 200yds on a windy day. On calm days they both were giving me 1/2MOA, but add in a 15mph cross wind and the 22-250 won every time. In the 204 I was using 40gr V-max's and in the 22-250 I was using 55gr Sierra Spitzers. I suppose I should compare them both using 40gr bullets, but that 22-250 barrel just doesn't seem to care for any of the 40s I've tried in it. The 204 has its uses, but so far I just seem to like my others better.