Thanks you guys! Thanks Maztech- I'm gonna do that mod to the stock. Seems like a good fix. I guess I can use some JB Weld for the epoxy- I bought some through work and it works well for my home projects. I also remember reading where a guy used expandable foam somehow in the stock behind the action- just to have a firmer feel and "sound". The gun is already heavy- not planning on walking with it more than I have to. I WANT to get into reloading and my buddy says he'll help me get started. Meanwhile I'm buying ammo WHEN I can find it. Got about 500 rounds so far- 60 of the Remington UPC FMJ, 300 of the Federal "Value Pack" 55 grain FMJ, 40 of the Winchester hollowpoints, and about 60 TulAmmo (Yikes!). And yah, I don't guess the enemy cares much what kinda scope I have..then again..maybe they do..

SlimySquirrel- mine is a 1:9 also. I've used the Nikon Spot-On for my MK II with the Nikon ProStaff Rimfire BDC. Amazing it works really well-out to 100 yards which I figure is the max for my .22LR anyway. Man I'd love to make a 600 yard shot / kill. That's my goal; to be able to accurately and humanely kill the enemy..er..varmints at long distances. (I watch Mr ChuckHunter videos on YouTube all the time- regularly makes clean kills 300-400 yards on Rock Chucks and such.

Big Honkin'- LOL, I was telling the grandkids silly stories about "dangerous" squirrels and Starlings I've overtaken singlehandedly with my Mk II! When I bought the .270 my buddy- the LR shooter asked what I was gonna use it for and I said Varmints and Predators. He says "Uh-Huuuh.." I said well you got that .260 and you use that. He patiently educated me. Did I mention I am not well versed in rifle calibers? I figured he's got a .260 custom and I was banging steel plates at 500 yards first time he let me shoot it. (20" plates I estimate). 'Course he's got a Schpank & Spender (Schmidt&Bender) (Spank the bank account, that is..) scope and his rifle set-up cost more than my whole firearms collection.

WBM- I really like the Nikons! I've used a Schmidt and Bender and a US Optics- no doubt superior glass. BUT my Nikons are clear and accurate for what I'm doing. I never actually used a Vortex, but the Viper I checked out was awesome and eventually I want to get a high end scope of some sort. I'll NEVER spend a grand or more on glass-not unless I hit the Lotto or some rich, unknown relative dies and leaves me wealthy ;>)-

CAN'T WAIT TO DIG IN WITH THIS GUN!
Brian