Thread: .300 Winchester Magnum barrel length

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When someone asks me how well does my barrel shoot, it kinda puts me in a predicament due to the fact that, I am not a good paper shooter, for some reason I can't seem to shoot 3 good shots in a row, but if someone says I bet you can't hit that crow which happens to be 300 yards away give or take, the next thing you know feathers are fling everywhere, that and the fact that my optics are the weak link on all my rigs, since almost all of them are sporting $99.00 Vortex crossfires, hey they get the job done but lets not kid ourselves, there not they choice equipment for sub 1/2 min groupings, especially with that big honkin mildot recital in the way, I have had good optics on my rigs that I have borrowed that's they only way I know how well they really shoot.

Dean

PS: I have had Sightron 10X50-60 on my rigs, and it makes all the difference in the world, but dropping a G note on optics is not an option, not anytime soon anyway, so I am going to make the best with what I have,
    so I have decided from now on, if someone asks me how well does my barrel shoot, I will respond by saying it depends on what optics I am sporting,
    Last edited by scope eye; 06-29-2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: spellink
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.