Thread: How do you adjust for parallax Nikon 3-9x40

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    trigger-finger
    Thank everyone for the training.
    Here is what I have discovered. By adding slipon Limb saver I added about an inch to the end of my stock. Which because I am tall and have long arms I like. I can now easily pull trigger with the pad of my finger rather than the joint which is easier for me.
    However, the Nikon scope I have only has about a 3" eye relief making it too far forward and is too low for my also long neck.
    So, I am looking to get taller rings and rail because current setup is already as far back as two piece mounts will allow.
    Also, seriously considering investing in a scope with more zoom, parralax adjustment and MIL DOT rather than BDC. I like that MIL DOT had measurement lines inn all 4 crosdlines not just the bottom like BDC. And there is also a way to approximate distance by measuring with mil dot.
    Will probably stay with Nikon and keep both scopes one for big game closer distance hunting and one for small game or longer range targets. So rings will have to work for both scopes. Budget for scope and rings is about $450 max.
    I will eventually get a better rifle most likely in 223, 308 , is too expensive and painful to shoot for target practice.
    Last edited by trigger-finger; 06-26-2013 at 05:05 PM.