"snowgetter1", I have been familiar with that follower for some time. But the description says it will not work on CF's. Some who have posted reviews say it works great, while others say it will not work at all on CF"s? Obviously, your experience with it has been positive? I have one of the SSS models, & it works "Great" installed with just friction fit. I would love to have more of them, but I wouldn't dare place an order with SSS @ this time, given their recent track record. I know if I get the grinder out, I can make anything fit:)! My BIL has one for a Rem700 that just pushes down on top of the magazine, & sets there until you remove it for magazine use. I'd like to see that design for Savage. Maybe that's what a "Fred Sled" is, but, same problem. When I get around to it,:), I'm going to use my SSS follower to make a "mold" in plaster, & form one out of "JB Weld". Should work? If you can shed anymore light on the use of the Midway product, please do so. When I order from Midway, I wait until the order is @ least $100, to justify the $15 shipping cost, so $9.99 won't "break the bank",& I'll just go ahead & order one & go from there. Thanks for your help :) ... Jim