Quote Originally Posted by Jeg181420 View Post
Hi guys thanks for the input and I apologize for the delay in posting again. I have been away on business and could not get to my computer until now. BillPa is correct in his last post. When I loosen the BAS a turn or so, the distance between the bolt handle lug and rear baffle increases and allows me to open and close the bolt smoothly. When I tighten the BAS like it should be, the bolt handle lug and rear baffle cam ride very closely on one another and that's where it gets stuck. There is no issue with the positioning of the bolt handle like a few other people have mentioned. It is mated up with the 2 protrusions on the rear end of the bold body and does not turn like thomae suggested. The bolt handle does not move when I tighten the BAS, but rather it is pushed forwards towards the baffle. There is NO issue with the lift; just with the closing of the bolt. Also, the headspacing is not an issue either as I had this problem even when the barrel was off the receiver. I will try to put the factory bolt handle back on to see if that fixes the problem. I will be back home tomorrow evening and I will take some pictures of everything. I will also make a video and post it on youtube that shows exactly what is going on and maybe that will help some.
A ha! Thank you for the clarification. Your first post was a bit confusing to me, but your second post explained things much better. Sometimes a few extra words help keep those of us in internet-land from misinterpreting what your real world issue is. ☺

Disclaimer (AKA Putting myself on report): Now that you explained it all, I went back to the beginning of the thread and realized that you had explained it all from the start, and that my comments were based on reading DanSavage's post. For some reason, I was thinking that his post (#3 in the series) was the original issue. Holey moley, if I weren't so clueless, I'd likely be able to be a moderator. (How embarrassing!)

P.S., DanSavage's post still appears counterintuitive to me. Alas . . . there is so much I don't understand.