Thread: Savage 10 TR details???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The accustock has a full length aluminum bedding block. The action bolts pull the action down between the rails into an aluminum V. The full legnth bedding block prevents the dreaded "stock flex" that seemed to be the major complaint about the factory tupperware. The wedge was done away with some time back because of users having problems re installing them to the same torque, which caused point of impact shifts.
    This seems to be a nearly identical setup to the model 10 precision carbine and is an outstanding bargain. I love my 10PC and see no difference in the specs except this one apparently comes with a rail and doesn't sport the digital camo which I can live without anyway. Rails can get pricy real quick so it's just icing on the cake. The only thing I can figure and this is purely speculation is that it probably has the crappy Edge/Axis finish that chips at the drop of a hat.
    Still a package with many desirable features at an awesome price. I checked and one of my local shops has a couple at $459 and the owner is begging someone to buy them before he takes em home. :)

Darn it now you have me seriously considering another toy I don't really need.

PS: The threads are 5/8x24 so most standard 30 cal flash hiders and brakes like JP, Miculek and others for a 30 cal AR will thread right on. There is a difference in the recoil lug on the accustock models and the bolt release is under the trigger guard so you probably wont find a drop in stock replacement with this model. (YET) Really not sure why you would want to I love the function of the stock on my 10 PC.
    Last edited by big honkin jeep; 06-13-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.