I just received a Shilen action in right bolt left port yesterday. I had them include there competition trigger 2-6 oz and the once piece scope base. The bill was 1200 shipped to my FFL. The scope base uses the larger 8-40 screw and is also pinned to the action front and back. It also comes with a pinned recoil lug.

Assembly was just as easy as doing a savage action. Removed my 6br barrel from my savage repeater action and screw it right on.

I love my savages but i wanted to get a lighter trigger pull and the Remington foot print really opens up the options for stocks and trigger.

Really a good deal by the time you pay for a target action, have it timed and trued change out the bolt handle and bolt body to tighten things up.

I asked Shilen about bolt heads and they sent me to PTG who sent me to Stiller who told me that would have to come through Shilen. Stiller also said that they recommend getting a complete bolt and not changing out the bolt heads as it will loosen tolerances if changed often. Not sure if i buy the last part, but the Shilen action does feel a lot tighter and more solid then the savage does.

Just my .02 from what I have experienced. Thought i would share my experience as i have seen quite a few people asking and no real first had experiences posted.