Quote Originally Posted by mattri View Post
There isn't a rule per say, but some folks get touchy about posting load data etc. I didn't know if anyone else would be interested so I pm'd the op, but I'll post what worked for me.

The die I used for forming 20 Practical cases was the redding type s bushing die, I just bought one for 223 and then used 2 bushings to size down cases. The first bushing I used was a .230 neck, followed by a .226 neck, then once the cases were formed I just left the 226 bushing in place and used it as a regular neck sizing die. This was with WW brass. I tried some Lapua brass, but had to stick with the bigger bushing as the necks were thicker. FWIW I saw absolutely no accuracy difference between the Lapua and WW cases.

For a load I found that 23gr of H4198 and a 39gr Sierra blitzking would give 3840fps out of my Criterion 26" 1:11 barrel. I could get up to about 4200 with 23.5 but saw pressure signs so backed down to where the accuracy was at. Other people have had great success with other combos but I stumbled upon this one early and never looked back.

This combo would shoot 1/2" @ 200 yards all day with just about any shooter. It broke 1/4" a few times and I really think it could have done so more often with a better shooter.
Thanks.
Now the info is here for anyone who is researching this cartridge.
Including me for future reference because someday I WILL have a .20 something.
I have wanted one since I got my first air rifle, a Sheridan blue streak in 5mm.