Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
It took a lot of running around but I finally picked up a 11 VT in .308. I called a DSG about 30 miles away that said they had one in stock. When I got there I was told someone made a mistake because they did not have any. Needless to say I was quite disappointed and angry for driving so far for nothing. That DSG called another DSG store that was another 35 miles further North. It was confirmed they had the 11 VT I wanted. I made the trip to the second DSG and did indeed purchased the 11 VT. It's been some years since I last purchased a firearm. I purchased the gun but I will not be able to pick it up for about 2 weeks because of the background check process. They had a trigger lock on it and after the took the lock off I was not allowed to touch it anymore. They put it in it's box, took me to the register to pay for it and they took it away. Now I have over 100 mile round trip to pick it up. One good thing is that I got $80 in additional discount. $50 discount for opening a DSG credit card account and I'll receive about $30 back in rewards point which means I purchased the rifle for $420
Congratulations on the purchase! I like mine more and more as I keep shooting it. Today I shot a .8 MOA group at 100 yards and a .72 MOA group at 200 yards with some 168 grain FGMM ammo. That was with a gusty wind too. My only gripe is still the scope. It's very finicky about eye relief at high magnification and the turret clicks are hard to feel, as in unpredictable. When I try adjusting several clicks in any direction, I find myself trying to figure out if I had just turned 2 or 3 clicks often. Very nonpositive, if that were a word.

But the rifle itself is all aces in my book.