Quote Originally Posted by 82boy View Post
POA will change with a barrel swap, all barrel have a bow in them, and this bow can/will be located in different directions. You also have different harmonics with different calibers which also affect POA. Case in point I have Bat, and Panda actions which I don't have to take the scopes off, to change barrels. (One problem with a barrel nut on a Savage.) I have multiple barrels for them in the same caliber. So if I have a barrel zeroed out , and I change to another barrel, I have to change the scope settings. Now if I record the settings of how I moved them, and I go back to the original barrel the POA will go back to the same, but I have never see two barrels that had the same POA.
Err, that is what I said, you just used better English! lol!

I have action 1 and action 2 which are both similar actions, mounted in similar stocks and have similar hardware. I also have barrel A and barrel B, barrel A is a LA magnum cartridge and B is a SA cartridge.. I install barrel A in action 1 shoot and set the scope, then work a load that is a constant .1 submoa. Then I take barrel A and put it on action 2, shoot, set the scope and the accuracy of the loads should still be .1 submoa. Now I can swap barrel A between those 2 actions and my poi should not change neither the accuracy of barrel A.
Now I install barrel B in action 1 and the poi will be different from barrel A (for sake of simplicity lets say horizontally there is no change on poi but vertically barrel B is 2 inches high at 100 yds) and I work a load for barrel B that is .1 submoa. Then install barrel B in action 2 and accuracy should till be .1 submoa and the adjustment for the scope will be similar. Now if I install barrel A in action 1 then all I need to do is adjust my scope 2 inches down and I should be in the bulls eye and retain the original .1 submoa. You should be able to make these changes all day long...
I have read that for some people the poi does changes but my suspicion is that the problem is due to either scope movement or fail to keep the rig set up constant.

However, none of these are my experiences as I still have to try it myself. It burns me to have 4 barrels, head spaced properly, each with it's own barrel nut loctite to specs looking at me every day and not finding the time to play with them....