stomp442

Thank you for your reply, and I will check all of those items that you suggested.

I just got off of the phone with Leupold. When I explained to the representitive that I had to adjust the scope 4 to 6 inches windage and 2 to 3 elevation in between days at the range he said it sounds like it needs to be sent in. So no pig hunting the next few weeks. I think I knew this, but was in some denial after wasting close to a few hundred dollars on ammo before changing out the the original mounts. Frankly, that is why I ultimately ended up spending more on the VX3 than I did on the original combo. I wanted to make sure that I would not have to worry about scope problems. I am not mad at Leupold. I am in the the quality control business and understand how it works. I just may have happened to get the piece with the gristle.

stomp442 I did want to ask you more about the 150 to 200 grain bullets range. The first thing I changed on the original combo was the scope mounts. I kept the Prostaff but put on the DNZ Game Reaper. (Which were so easy to mount by the way compared to the Leupold mounts that we had to put on my sons rifle.) After changing out the mounts I used the Match Sierras in the 168 grain again and got it dailed in in short order. Then I began to try to site in the fusion 150s and was all over the place. I gave up after the first box and then began to do more research and began to (perhaps erroneously) get the idea that my barrel did not like 150s. I simutaneous decided to buy a better scope. Maybe I gave up too soon and perhaps should have tried another brand. My hope was that I could have a lighter round for deer and a heavier round for elk and pig.

Have you shot 150s through 200s with actual equal results? I will definately give it another try if there is reasonable hope.