To fill you all in on the back story a little, a buddy of mine asked me to put together this rifle for him. He is planning on giving it to his longtime girlfriend this May. She is about 5' tall and is a small frame. That being said we needed to make the length of pull short which can be seen in the photos, it's about the length of a youth stock.

The rifle itself is a Savage Axis SR in 308 Winchester. Last year she was shooting his 30/06 and doing ok but it took a toll on her. That is why he decided to go with the SR version of that rifle. He asked me to find a good brake and the right price and I did just that. I emailed Ross Schuler on Friday night told him what I needed. I told him what I needed and he told me what measurements he needed. I was able to get that for him on Saturday morning, well this afternoon the brake was in the mailbox. I did a little sanding to get the brake to line up right, there is about a 1:14 chance of it coming perfect from him. The fit into the barrel is however perfect.

My buddy also asked me to round off the forend a little bit, hopefully this is what he was wanting

I also needed to start the butt pad, I know what I am gonna use as a pad but needed the backer plate. I decided to use part of the stock, I wanted to test out a finish to see how it was going to look when finished.

Butt stock traced onto this piece and then cut out with bandsaw. I ripped it down to 1/2 inch length on the radial arm saw.

Finish applied