Quote Originally Posted by bootsmcguire View Post
Well I sold the 223WSSM some time back. (All the non-bold calibers in my signature are ones I no longer have). It was a fun round and had potential. Was fast and flat, but due to the case length I had to run it as a single shot. fgw_in_fl has that barrel now and reports to me that its a real shooter once he worked up a better load than I had for it, but with my undeveolped load it did 5/8" @ 100 and killed a couple pdogs out past 300yds for me last spring when I was out west.

Both of my AI chambers are rechambered factory Savage barrels. The 243AI is a real screamer for me shooting a 58gr V-Max at over 4000fps and 100yd groups normailly around 1/4 to 3/8 in. It can go faster, but this is a good accuracy speed for that barrel and so I stick with it. The 22-250AI is a recent barrel and I have not worked up a load as of yet, but while fireforming with some loads in new brass that I made for a standard 22-250 it was shooting around 5/8 to 3/4 @ 100 so it should do great with a load made for it.

I recommend AI chambers for most rounds if for no other reason, added brass life and minimized trimming. My brass life has near tripled and trimming has been cut by 75%.

My real fun one is going to be the 6WSM. I have yet to shoot it as I am compiling data for loads, but a 105 A-max at 3650-3750 is not out of the question. I have high hopes for that one. Too bad barrel life will most likely be short, but sacrafices are sometimes necessary in the interest of speed.
By the way, that 223wssm I got from Boots put 5 - 69gr Nosler cust comps thru one hole. After that I got bored since I ran out of OCW loads to try.
Hey OP - have you tried that guy in Daytona? The big place that advertises all over the state.... Give me a moment... It'll come to me.