Quote Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
Why high rings and why 0 MOA base? Unless you're going with a large diameter barrel there's no need for high rings. And it'll look dumb.
Ideal setup puts the objective about 1/4"above the barrel and that's with a 50mm objective.
0 MOA base may very well limit your ability to get out to distance. If only 600 yards or so you'll be fine

I went with high rings for a couple of reasons. Cameraland had the med rings on back order when I ordered the scope. Additionally, the comb on the b&c medalist is pretty high. previously I had a 50mm scope on there with high rings and I found myself at time wishing the scope were a little higher.

As for the 0 moa base, I've had that base for a long time. If I were making the purchase today I would go with a 20 moa base. The Viper has ~65 moa of internal adjustment. Based on JBM trajectory calculator my 260 will need ~34 MOA to reach 1000 yards. So it looks like I'll come up just a hair short.. but 900 yards needs 27 MOA which I expect to reach with the 0 MOA base. It's really just a matter of when, not if on the 20 MOA base.