I never thought about salts from the bluing process? I guess I always thought the components were blued before assembly?
The worst one I ever had, I hadn't learned about the "cap screw against the recoil lug trick yet". With a 4' pipe on the wrench,
it was twisting the action in the wood blocks, so I "heated" the nut. It came loose right away, but after the nut cooled on the
barrel threads, it still wouldn't come off by hand, because there was something black and sticky on the threads. I think it was
"Loc-tite" that burned up with the heat? I, personally, don't like the idea of exposing a "precision" piece, like the action, to the
dead-blow hammer, or the heat, for that matter. On another build, I cut the nut off with the Dremel tool, because I had a spart
nut handy. Much less violent! If, someday, I buy an action wrench, I'm still going to drill & tap for a 1/4" allen head cap screw
for the recoil lug to ride against, so there's no way the action can twist. Then when I put the 3' pipe on the 18" breaker bar
I'll just have to be careful not to "upset the work bench" ? ! :) :) :) ..... Good Luck ..... Jim