Quote Originally Posted by bootsmcguire View Post
Look closely at your threads. May need a magnifying glass or something. Check to see if at the peak of the thread (check barrel and action) appears to have two peaks (for lack of a better way to put it).

I had a Savage Bolt body that when the BAS was screwing back in it gave similar results. With the BAS, it would thread in perfect one time, and then the next it would barely start, or not at all. Upon examining the female threads, it appeared to have two peaks to each thread. Sometimes it would go into one peak and stop, sometimes it hit the right one and worked great. Only reason for this I figure is the bolt body slipped slightly out of time in the chuck when it was being cut in the lathe at the factory. Possibly the same thing has happened with your action.

Just spit-balling ideas here.
Awesome will check that out. Sadly not magnifying glass. Another thing I noticed. Stevens has this little balls put into the threads. I was just removing move old barrel nut and all these sand like balls started to come out. Wondering if they are still caught in the action.