Thread: Stock bedding how-to?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    ok, not to hijack your thread but this is my first savage and my first bedding job and i have lots of questions. i'm using a BVSS stock. my issues right off the bat is the stock pillars are below the top of the wood level and don't contact the action. secondly, is the blind mag even installed correctly? if so, how does the action contact the rear pillar? from reading up, i need to tape the barrel and the rear tang so that the center of the action is even with the top of the stock. i need to tape the front and the sides of the recoil lug but on the rear side just use release on it. the tang area should be left unmessed with so it floats. i saw where a lot of people didn't bed further back than the rear lug. my barrel is a criterion bull barrel. do i need to bed the first inch or so of the barrel? i also read where i need to put clay in the grooves of the barrel nut and tape it around. what do i do with the blind mag? just clay in that entire area or leave it in when i bed and bed around it?

so do I basically remove wood from an inch or two forward of the barrel nut to the rear lug? any suggestions? anything i'm wrong about? anything i need to do differently?

my other option is to just get a choate tactical and sell the BVSS stock. seems like a lot less work to bed and a lot more useful options.

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by n10sivern; 02-26-2013 at 01:50 AM.