Quote Originally Posted by Fullskip View Post
If you go the improved route make sure that your size die is made to work with the chamber reamer used. This is a great round if you have the die made to the right dimentions. I ended up going the Neil Jones route, expensive but worth it. They were around 300 bucks...

Fullskip
My smith has his own version with a 40 degree shoulder and almost no body taper and he makes his own dies from the same reamer, so no issue there.

I have had quite a few guys on a Canadian forum try to talk me out of this project as they feel there is a safety issue with the pressures and amount of bolt thrust with this setup.

I continue to do more research, but I am also contemplating buying a 110FCP-HS in 338 Lapua, selling the factory barrel and get a heavy 29 inch 338 Lapua improved barrel fitted(with barrel but) and also buy a shilen prefit 300WM barrel 26 inches long in a #7 contour. This way I would have a heavy extreme long range setup with the 338LAI, then switch barrel and bolt head to 300WM in a lighter #7 contour for an accurate hunting rifle.