Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Operation "Make A Sniper Cry" - Stevens 200 Build Up x 2

broken6r

Quote Originally Posted by seanhagerty View Post
    OK, what caliber do you need? Where do I send it?

Sean
    That's the beauty! Do it yourself and make it yours. I grew up hunting and shooting, but have never done anything remotely close to gunsmithing prior to this. If a knucklehead like I can do it, so can you!

Quote Originally Posted by goinssr View Post
    I believe I'll just copy/paste this into a word doc, fill in my own name and print it for future use.
    Rock on!

broken6r
    Just an update for ya folks. I was able to get a hold of Southwest Ammunition today. They went through a change in office managers, hence the difficulty in contacting them. They do however, have all my ammo ready. The reason for the delay, is they had a distributor issue, and have been unable to get the box inserts that holds/protects the ammo. However, after changing distributors they are still awaiting for these to arrive. After discussing it with them, they are going to try to come up with a way of safely shipping the ammo to me without the inserts, so that I can receive it ASAP. If they are able to do so, all will be well as I have plenty of plastic inserts from various ammo manufacturers. Currently crossing my fingers that they come up with a good way of shipping the ammo without these (especially the Amax's).

broken6r
    And another one. I spent some time on the phone with Kristen from Southwest yesterday. She's working on getting my order out ASAP. She was hoping for yesterday, and if not then, then on Monday. My order is still flagged as "processing" so i'm currently under the assumption it will go out on Monday. For any of you reading this, please keep in mind that they are a small company that tries to put out a high quality product (which is why I went with them for ammo). Combine it with the recent panic buying, and they're pretty well slammed with orders. Once I made initial contact, the customer service that I have received has been outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
    I would get a barrel vise instead of the action wrench- Go gague is a good thing, no-go not needed- save that $$$ for more ammo
    +1 on that!

JohnC
    This is a a really cool thing that you are doing for your friend. Please give us an update and a range report.

Basic Member
    Any updates on the coolest gift ever.

goinssr
    Quote Originally Posted by Majja13 View Post
    Any updates on the coolest gift ever.
    I was wondering about this same thread last night. We need updates....enquiring minds want to know!

any word yet on your ammo ?

big_bullseye
    Lots of reading... I'm new here but I like what I see already.

broken6r
    Hey gang. Sorry about the hiatus. Southwest Ammunition has had some major issues. They actually cancelled my initial order out of confusion with someone else. Which in my opinion is a little absurd as I had been in constant contact with them, and they knew I wanted the ammo. Long story short, I have all but 2 boxes of the ammo that I ordered from them, and have been awaiting a reply from them on this since last week. I will not be doing business with them again. The next time I need quality ammo, the money will instead be spent on reloading equipment. I will say that what I have received thus far appears to be well done, but I have not shot any of it as of yet.

As far as giving the gift, I am merely waiting for the right opportunity at this point.

rattfink
    Quote Originally Posted by broken6r View Post
    As far as giving the gift, I am merely waiting for the right opportunity at this point.
    I'm trying to think of a "wrong" time and can't come up with one.

torque4me
    Easter Sunday sounds about right....

broken6r
    Likely will not be for another week or so. In a couple of days him and I are making a quick trip home for a couple of days. I intend to use the drive as an opportunity to start planting the rifle bug in his head. Nothing wrong with torturing him a little, right?

I was just wondering if there has been anymore action on this subject, or has it been dropped ?

I'm still waiting to see how this turns out. I'm also still waiting to see how my precision project turns out when the snow followed by a muddy two track to the rifle range drys up and I can shoot my FCP 10 for the first time.

Bamaal
    Can't wait to hear how this turns out. What a great story!

brasse
    Nothing for 11 days, we are all dying to know if he cries huge chrocodile tears of joy.

Basic Member
    This is like standing on pins and needles in bare feet. This is an awsome thing you are doing sir. hehe is a big high 5 for ya.

Basic Member
    ???

din
    Maybe he was kidnapped by eskimos. Happens more often than you'd think.

rattfink
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Maybe he was kidnapped by eskimos. Happens more often than you'd think.
    Nah. They're off shooting they're awesome new rifles. Too busy to post.

Malleus
    This seems appropriate: http://i.imgur.com/E8rYe.jpg

demolitionman
    AWESOME. I hope their punching itty bitty groups. Glad we haven't heard from them. Rock on. Greatest thread ever.

Basic Member

Basic Member
    Wow really no updates yet?j

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast