hey jim this is jacob, i did talk to you a couple of times and i told you i talked to them. you then told me it would be quicker just to go through them so that is what i did. i got off the phone with them yesterday and finally got an answer after 5 weeks!! they said nothing is wrong with the barrel even though i have had a gun smith look at it and he says the crown is messed up and there is a burr in it. all mcgowen said they would do is re-lap it. so anyway im just waiting to get it back and even if the barrel does start shooting good i will not be buying another one from mcgowen. and people on here have said it takes there mcgowen 50 or more shots to break in...well a custom barrel should not take that long especially when my cuz got his barrel in on the same weekend as i did and after 4 shots his shillen was broken in with no copper fouling. maybe my barrel is not the norm for them but i will not be a repeat customer. i also want to say that i would do business again with jim nothing against him at all just a little upset with mcgowen...