Hello to all. Picked up Axis # 4 from Wally World this week in 22-250 and it's amazingly accurate right out of the box.
Started with a clean bore and hBN coated the bbl and the bullets. I wouldn't want to shoot it on a Prarie Dog hunt due to the thin bbl, but for predator control here in Florida, it's perfect.

I have done a lot of trigger jobs and these 4 Axis rifles are easy. I know there are thousands of 'how to" articles and videos out there, but I haven't seen this approach. Maybe I just haven't come across it......
We all know the stock trigger er, to be correct, let's just say:
"it draws a partial vacuum with it's lips". This one was very stiff. We also know that the Savage '2 diameter' trigger spring is a 10-24 thread on the small end, where it goes into the trigger.
After removing the spring, I thread a button head-cap screw up from the bottom. I trim the length of the screw so it does 2 things:
1. acts as a guide for the new, lighter spring
2. acts as an overtravel stop.
This works perfect. I suppose you could use a setscrew if you could find one long enough. You can 'upset' the threads of the screw to hold it in position, or just grind it to length, as I do. Also, this trigger required a shim to remove the side-to-side slop.

Just a thought......

ron