Quote Originally Posted by DiverEngrSL17K View Post
The lowest prices I've personally seen for replacement Savage Axis magazines are from Grab-A-Gun in Texas ( www.grabagun.com ) ; they typically run in the $30.00-plus range for blued-finish magazines and in the $40.00-plus range for camoflaged ones. Two nice things about Grab-a-Gun is that they ususally offer free shipping on the magazines and also post in-stock availability on their web site, which helps with ordering. Hope this helps.
Well they have them in stock http://grabagun.com/accessories/maga...-308-camo.html but at $44.65. Like I said if I can find some damaged ones to experiment with. I did find a small hobby metal bender for about 88 bucks that should work to bend the spring steel without heating it up but I will not beable to get it until the end of feb or the first of march, I got three kids that need some dental work :). I figuire the time and material cost after I perfected the repair to be between 10-20 dollars per magazine and also I saw on here somewhere about a M14 mag conversion and maybe my ideal would work on it.