Thread: Savage 93FXP 22 Magnum Misfire Problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ffffg

how i fixed this problem

The problem with savage rim ammo misfires in my gun was a dirty fireing pin.. The flat firing pin is fit well in a slot in my model, and any heavy oil, dirt etc in and around that firing pin take a lot of energy out of the strike.

I cleaned the outside of the bolt, and inside of the tube where it fits.. Then i used a light oil like hoppies on the outside of the bolt and ran it in the gun to get a lite coat of oil on the tube that holds the bolt..

I then took the bolt out and removed the clip holding the fireing pin, removed the firing pin, and extractors. Put these in a pan with paper towels in the bottom and took it outside and cleaned it well with brakefree with the little red tube attached.

Breake free is nasty stuff, so do it outside, wear safty gogles, put the red tube that comes with brakefree in the bolt holes and openings, and it will find its way thru the bolt and clean it and remove the oil and gook.. dry the bolt with more paper towels and let it all dry well and throw the paper towels in the outside trash..

Then take the bolt inside and oil it well with a very light oil like remoil.. insert it in the lubed bolt reciever and you should be ready for very few misfires..

Putting the clip and extractors back together is a little tricky. Put the clip on over the fireing pin that has been slid into the bolt.. the holes in the black clip go to the rear of the bolt.. then slide the extracters into the bolt under the clip, the black one goes on the bolt side, the silver one goes on the opposite..

Dont loose those little parts outside in the grass or snow!

dave
    Last edited by ffffg; 01-24-2013 at 02:08 AM.