Hydrashocker, sent you a PM...
Elkbane
Thats strange, never got it?

Anyway, yea efm77 I already have a muzzle break on it. Now that the receiver is bedded so it shouldn't be flexing "bucking" into the scope like it was. Now I just want to mount this puppy up right and take out what ever recoil on the mount out. The bed job should have done that like I said, on the other side this is a large scope with plenty of weight so anything I can do to bring recoil down and keep things rock solid and zero'ed is what I'm looking for. The only issue I can see is the Weaver only comes in 20 MOA, and I don't think I need it as once I zero at 200 I don't adjust my scope, I just hold over while hunting. This gun is going to be for limited range time and mostly hunting.

I think a recoil lug on the base would help keep recoil down on the screws and recoil from the weight of the scope, but is it needed for my use?

I want to keep the rings out as far as I can on the tube so an extended base I think is the way to go, which cuts options from steel base options to aluminum from what I can see.