Quote Originally Posted by gerard488 View Post
Here are my thoughts on Hornady "ZOMBIE" ammo:
Call me crazy if you want, but I think this is disgusting. I never would have expected Hornady to sell bullets in a box that looks like it came straight out of a comic book. Is this meant to appeal to ten year olds?
As it is, we have so many shootings and accidents caused by kids playing with guns, so many troubled and even disturbed kids in our world,so many sensless shootings,, now Hornady is going to market with "ZOMBIE" bullets.
The people who want to get rid of guns are going to have a field day with this one,, "Zombie Bullets" The bullets that your kids will love
From the back of the box:"They will try to distract you by waving their arms all over" "STAY FOCUSED" "HEAD: this is the only part that`s worth aiming for"
What`s next? "special semi-auto .223 green Zombie gun"
Grow Up Hornady, A gun is a tool for hunting, a weapon for self defense. a source of entertainment at the shooting range for "RESPONSIBLE ADULTS"
What responsible adults need to buy ammo in bubble gum boxes?
Again Grow Up.
All the gun controll advocates should thank Hornady for such "GREAT AMMUNITION"
Disgusted Mature Gun Owner
LOL; the last post in this thread prior to yours was ~14 months ago. You resurrected a dead thread to rant about zombie ammo!

Stop demonizing novelty arms/ammo. They brought others to the shooting sports, be it pink grips, zombies, Hello Kitty, hydrodipped Punisher stocks or FDE-cerakoted "operator" arms. They are no different than more mainstream offerings in that you need to exercise the same care. And beware; when you complain about the appearance of these novelty items, you play into the hands of anti-gun groups. You will one day have to defend ownership of those essentially identical mainstream items. Kids might be attracted by such stuff, but adults are supposed to teach and maintain control of them.

You ask what responsible adults need to buy ammo in "bubble gum" boxes? Well, this is a straw man argument. Responsibility has nothing to do with ones' tastes but everything to do with ones' maturity. It is clearly your disdain of such stuff that compels you to link it to irresponsibility. Could you cite proof that there is in fact a correlation between novelty arms/ammo and misuse? None of these noteworthy murders seems to have been undertaken with such stuff. Nor am I aware of kids shooting each other with them thinking they're toys.

Please; reconsider your prejudices. We need to have a united front on 2A issues. Divisive stuff like "Why do you need an AR to hunt with?" or "Why do you need more that 'X' rounds in a magazine?" are proof of how ownership is being divided to conquer.