Quote Originally Posted by Three44s
...Here's a link that may also interest you:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/...
One thing leads to another and it usually costs money...

I bought a Foxpro electronic call for calling up predators. My son and I started reading the posts on the Predator Masters Forum and noticed that a lot of the members used AR-15 weapons in several different calibers besides just 223. I promised my son that, if he would keep his grades up, we would build one together. That lead us to the AR15.com Forum where we found, to our surprise at the time, that suppressors are legal to own and hunt with. That lead us to the Silencer Talk Forum where we learned that, even though a silencer takes out about 95% of the muzzle report, you still have the ballistic crack with supersonic rounds. That lead us to the Quarterbore Forums where we gathered the information to build our 300 Fireball for the purpose of shooting subsonic ammunition (220 grain bullets at 1050-1060 fps) to negate the ballistic crack. The 300 Fireball required us to start reloading which lead us to several different websites, to build a reloading table, to build a better shooting table, to purchase a Farley Coaxial Rest and a better chronograph.

After experiencing the benefits of suppressors, we immediately wanted a suppressor on every weapon. As a matter of fact, the weapons that don't have a suppressor have become safe queens. Our suppressed weapons are so much more pleasant to shoot. For instance, we only owned one pistol until we got into suppressors. I never enjoyed shooting pistols because they were so darn loud. A suppressor makes a 9mm pistol as much fun to shoot as a .22.

Now, here we are trying to gather enough information to build a long range suppressed big game rig...

Where does it end? :-\