--kosher salt;
--minced onion;
--minced garlic;
--rubbed sage;
--ground black pepper (fresh);
--1/2 to 3/4 cup red wine (I prefer a cab, red zin, or pinot);
--2 pats butter;
--extra virgin olive oil

Preparation and seasoning: once the silver tissue has been removed from the backstrap, grab a sharp knife and slice the meat into medallions. I like each cut to be about 1/2" thick. Next, lay out the medallions on a cookie tray or some other flat surface. Now season each slice (both sides) with the kosher salt, minced onion & garlic, rubbed sage and fresh ground black pepper. Gently pat down on each side to make sure the seasonings will stay on the meat. Next, pour the red wine into a shallow bowl or plate. Now dip both sides or each medallion into the red wine. Once this is done, let sit for about 10-15 minutes.
Cooking: place your skillet over the burner on high heat. Pour olive oil into the skillet and add a pat of butter. Once skillet is hot, place medallions (as many as your skillet will hold) into the pan. Let meat sear until you begin to see juices coming up on the top side of the medallion. Now turn the medallions over and let sear for about 90-120 seconds. Remove slices from skillet and enjoy!

**I like this dish straight up accompanied with veggies but the cuts go GREAT on Sister Schubert dinner rolls with a dab of horseradish mayonaissse.

2) Ground Venison Burgers
--1 pound ground venison;
--kosher salt;
--minced onions;
--minced garlic;
--season salt;
--whole basil;
--1/2 cup Dale's marinade;

Preparation & Seasoning: pull off small chunks of the ground venison (about 1/4 pound per chunk) and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle seasonings on the meat & pour a small "shooter" of Dales. Toss the meat over in the bowl a few times to spread the seasonings. Now do this 3 more times until the entire pound of ground venison is in the bowl and seasoned. Now grab a handful of the ground and form into a burger patty, making sure NOT to flatten out a thin patty but rather a patty that is about 3/4" thick or more.

Cooking: once grill is hot & ready to cook, place patties on the grill for about 5 minutes. Do not mash down on the meat as that squeezes out all the juices. After 5 minutes flip the burgers & let cook for about 4 minutes. Remove from grill and throw on whatever condiments you like & enjoy!