Quote Originally Posted by fredhorace77 View Post
You need to make adjustments to the magazine feed lips...

......same goes for the rear feed lips...bending them in causes the rear portion of the cart. to sit lower in the magazine and cause the tip of the bullet to angle higer...too high and it will hit the top of the barrel instead of going into the chamber area...also too much on the rear and the bolt head will not pick the cart. up and the bolt will simply close over the cart. leaving the cart. in the magazine.....
Hi All,
I just got the 111 savage #17791 in 30-06 with the detachable mag that I have yet to send a round through. I am experiencing some feed trouble too. I didn't want to just go bending the mag lips but thought that was what it would take. I have a good understanding of how the carts should look in the mag and mine are definitely flatter than I think they should be. Mine will feed properly about 75% of the time. One in 4 rounds will not be picked up by the bolt and just gets closed over with no round chambered. It is random which round of the four will be left in the mag. There is only one lip on each side of the mag and I found them to be quite difficult to bend and stopped.
I have heard great things about this generation of Savage Accutrigger, Accustock rifles but this does concern me a little. Going to call Savage first then try bending harder.