I normally use Ace, but the only one that was well stocked here in Miami is now closed as of a few months ago the next one is a hundred miles north. There is a Granger south of me in Miami, Miami people tend not to be tinkerers, they usually just throw stuff away and buy new (except for the Cubans who do some ingenious stuff with very little), will try there tomorrow or call Choate and have them mailed to me. Thanks for the help and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
Nope. Not at Lowe's either. However they might be available at a locally owned "old fashioned" type hardware store. Some folks have had success at Ace Hardware, but my local Ace does not carry them. I did get some at an industrial supply place near me, and Macmaster Carr, Grainger, and Fastenal sell them for not a whole lot of money.

The easiest thing to do is to either find the original washers, or shim them with washers from your local hardware store, or else grind down the bolt until it fits again. You can use a belt sander to grind the bolt, just go slowly and dip in water to cool it off.