Hey John, I'm glad your son got a nice buck, it looks huge 8 maybe 10 point? 200+ pounder? Need more details.

I shot a doe on the first morning of shot gun season here in N.Y. I stalked it for about 50 minutes after first light and it was down in the woods about 100 yards away and I was up on a ledge 60 feet higher so it was nearly a 45 degree angle shot down hill. I was using my 16 gauge Ithica deerslayer feather light with open sights and I missed the first shot and the deer froze and I shot another and it went right down. I nearly had a heart attack trying to get that deer up out of the raveen, I have had unexplained heart papitations for about 2 years now but they have been settling down quite a bit.
Hope to see you in the Spring and meet your son for some good old shootin at Odessa. Oh I saw a p.m. I missed about Spring Water shoot. Google (Springwater Rod and Gun) and you can check out there schedule, however the 2013 schedule won't be posted for a while after the new year. There match's are the same rules as Odessa exept it's a 185 yard shoot. They also have .22 rimfire shoots at 100 yards once a month also.

Regards,
Dan