Thread: Hogue Overmolded full bed stock

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_stevens View Post
    Hmm, I didn't see them describe center- and stagger- stocks last time I was there, I'll go check again.

If you have the mag well contained within the stock, then yes, it's centerfeed. I was just confused by your "drop in mag" description.

Thanks! Let us know how you like the Hogue. I've heard complaints that it can cause cheek burn.

KeS
    Detachable box mag is the correct official nomenclature--my bad. I'm still learning my way around these things. The other thing is I looked around and couldn't find the diagram for centerfeed vs staggered feed--though I could swear I saw it up there somewhere.

The directions that come with the stock say:

The stock is designed for Savages' "New Feed System"--(which I assume means detachable box mag that supersedes previous systems.) The stock will also work with hinged floorplate design.

To work with "Old Feed System" blind magazine Hogue provides a spacer for pillar adjustment, if necessary.

The stock is not designed to work with side push button magazine release systems. However, replacing the magazine and magazine well with a blind magazine box from savage will allow use of the overmolded stock.

I hope this helps rather than causes further confusion, sorry!
    Last edited by thermaler; 12-13-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: additional research