Thread: 35 years of Alaska packs and Survival

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That's just beautiful! I may just take you up on that visit sometime in the next couple of years.

I'm still getting over an injury from work from over a year ago. Slow recovery but hopefully I fully recover by this time next year anyway.

From around 8 years old into my late teens, I had always dreamed about homesteading in the Yukon or coastal Alaska. Jack London's Call of The Wild started it.

Got out of school and started making some pretty good money for non-college grad. That job lasted 9 1/2 years during which time I got married and started a family of 5 kids......needless to say where all the money went after that.

I can't really complain but the older I get, the more I often wonder what a life up there would have been like.

There was a buddy of mine on these forums a while back named Outlawkyote.........lived on the Wyoming Montana border....nearly moved up there around him a couple of years ago but family issues (kids maturing, marrying and getting out totally on their own and wife's retirement) got in the way of that.

Perhaps the closest I'll get is a nice vacation up there at some point. I enjoy reading your stuff about living up there. It certainly beats the crap they put on TV shows about it. Everything I've ever read about it says those TV shows are full of BS for the most part!

BTW..post the results of your fox hunts!
    Last edited by Apache; 12-12-2012 at 10:04 PM.