This is greatness! Gmac I don't see why you need to appoligize to anyone, as members of what I think is the best rifle forum on the web, we are all in it together. That said: you have access to "the right equipment" and I'd say 80% of all long range shooters start out as machinists<because you are all anal retentive> Which is a great thing! When us amutores screw something up you guys know how to fix it and do it right, an treat everyone's weapon as though it was your own. Enginuity and thinking outside the box has its advantages aswell. Safety, like previously mentioned is always First priority, no if's an's or but's. When shortening a barrel like mentioned earlier there is more than one way to skin a cat. So nobody's right, or wrong and the diversity of the people I think makes for a great thing so we can all learn. As a mechanic I know what you machinists are thinking "oh lord the doctors gonna cut me open with a kitchen knife cuz he doesn't have the right tools" keep in mind in some countries that's the best way to get a black market kidney :-) great read guys can't wait to see how things turn out