Thread: 223 Barrel Cut

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Originally Posted by Blue Avenger
    "Calm down Gary LOL Some people do not have a lathe. Most do not have a lathe. There are a few here that barely have the disposable income to but a hacksaw, so the chop saw method is out also. There going to do what Granddad did in the old days. Hacksaw with broken teeth & the wrong tooth count! Then crown with a brass head screw in a drill! Just sends shivers down your spine when people cobble guns."

Some people are also too anal about thinking that their way is the only way.
    Not everyone cobbles a gun, Not everyone does it the way grandpa did and not everyone can`t afford to buy a hacksaw.

I Don`t have a lathe, but I do have a brain that I use regurlarly and is fully functional. I believe in learning how to do things safe and right, I also believe that the world has advanced as much as it has because people were not afraid to try. We all know that most gunsmiths can cut and crown a barrel properly but I don`t believe they are the only ones who can. If Christopher Colombus had felt the way that some of you guys do, Where would we be today? Just remember that the Ark was built by amateurs and the titanic and bismarc were built by professionals
    Last edited by gerard488; 12-09-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: quote