Quote Originally Posted by Eastman View Post
Hi everyone,
I have just aquired a 114 American Classic stainless in 30.06, and wondered if you could tell me anything about it with regards to accuracy, reliability etc.
Eastman
I bought two ACs about 5-6 years ago(CRS!), a 14 in 7-08 and a 114 in 270, both CF hinged mag models. I put a 243 barrel on the 14 for my oldest grandson's first goat rifle. For this season I put the original unfired '08 barrel back on.

Other than swapping barrels and setting the trigger WOP its "AS-IS" out of the box. The only minor issue, the stock was inletted a tad deep allowing bolt head to ride on the magazine a bit. Ten minutes and a dab of JB Quick "fixed" it.

Accuracy wise with either barrel, "snot bubble" routinely shoots sub one inch groups and has collected three whitetails with it, the last a seven Saturday, all one "shoters"! ( Is that a word???)

I can't say how well the 114 shoots, its still unfired in the box.

If your AC performs as well I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you are I'll better thomae's offer, I waive the disposal fee and even split the shipping cost with ya only because I'm one heck of a nice guy!

Bill