Thread: Weather vs Weather Warrior... Weather Winning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nandy
    What's the consensus on barrel break in? - In my opinion break-it-in or not-break in will not make a difference in the ultimate accuracy of your rifle. If you decide to do the Break-in process at least do your sighting in and start load development (if you reload) while you do that. This has been discussed extensively and there is really no consensus. It is a matter of who do you believe and personal experience.
    The action feels like it could use some grease, what's everyone doing for lube? - I think you might benefit more from a "bolt lift kit". Do a search in the site to learn more about it. It is inexpensive and will work wonders.
    What about dry firing the rifle, any risk of damage? - Damage is always possible but it should depend on how much do you dry fire it. Some just use a spent shell with a piece of pencil eraser stuck in place of the primer. Low tech, cheap and effective.
    Where can I find an extra magazine for less than $60? - I cant help you with this one. Im sure someone will chime in if that is not way cheap. However, I can say that if you become a paid member ($12) you will have access to the members classified. Deals are possible there.

Welcome to the Brotherhood.
    Last edited by Nandy; 12-03-2012 at 06:45 PM.