Thread: Stevens 67 E series 12 ga. pump - problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    texasred777
    Well, after much delay, I have some info. I took the gun apart, tried every bend and angle that I thought possible; but couldn't get the hammer to catch the spring properly. My hammer was worn and also the bushing that it works on. I ordered a new hammer, hammer bushing, release lever, and spring from Numrich. Got the parts, installed them, and if anything, it was worse than before I installed the new parts. I decided to call Numrich's customer service. I was told by a recorded message that if I had any questions about parts, that I should get in touch with my gunsmith. So much for 'customer service'. I guess Numrich is just a seller of parts. Oh, well. I got my pliers and bent the spring a little, then a little more, until it worked. I believe that the gun should work ok although I have not yet had it out in the field. I'll try to go out some time this week or next and check it out. I have some spent shotshells and loaded them into the magazine. I pulled the trigger, pumped the slide, and repeated for all 5 shells. No problems. I can't post pictures here. ??? Probably don't have enough posts or something. If you will send me your email address, you can have the pictures that I posted on another site, with the info inscripted on the photos. I posted the info on 'Shooters Forum'. I'll try to check after while to see why I'm not allowed to post here. Maybe I can post some after that.
    Well, I don't 'do' photobucket' anymore. So if you can see the post on the other web site- ok; if not, send me an email address and I'll send you some photos and info.
    Last edited by texasred777; 10-30-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Update about posting photos