Quote Originally Posted by 358Hammer View Post
"Even .223. But not ONE single .270."

Fubar has a wonderful example: There are a number of ways to accomplish a given task and his is just one way. When the 270 first came out it was one of the fastest kids on the block and writers with sharp pens made it something even better than it was. Bullet technolgy was way behind back when the 270,308 Norma Mag and the various fast cartridges were wounding game because of inferior bullet construction..

Technology and knowledge advanced and for various reasons (money) high BC bullets for the 270 Winchester were down on the money scale and the screaming 270 ballistics just kind of got put on the back burner when the 300's were eating up the long range circle.

When the first 223 won a long range match I am sure it was a novelty and many just smiled thinking it was a fluke. When that same gun did it again some started paying attention. Trends start and stop in the winners circle. When we started improvong that little 6 BR case there was a reason. Then someone took that little case concept and here was the 6.5 X 47 Lapua.

Now that the 270 has the bullets to compete it just needs someone to believe in it and start competing with it.

Neal
Point taken. And for the record, I actually hope it works! I'm not in any way hating on the .270. I would happily own and shoot one at the range if it proved to be superior to what I already own.