Thread: Manners stocks

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    malachi_s
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
    Having previously owned a T2, currently owning two McMillan A5s, and previously owning two Bell & Carlson A2 Medalists inletted for CDI DBM...yes, I personally think a Manners stock is "worth it".

However, everybody needs to run the cost/benefit for their own situation.

I had to swallow HARD in order to drop $550 on the T2 but once I got it I saw that it blew away the Medalist...lighter, more ergonomic grips, better looking aesthetically. For 2.5x the cost, it should! That said, my rifle didn't shoot any better in the T2 than it did in the Medalist.

Only reason I sold my T2 is because I got a used McM A5 for 110 long action at a good price, and after comparing it to the T2 side-by-side found they were a toss-up to me ergonomically. Saw a used 4.4" A5 come up for sale a few weeks later, and decided to standardize my stock collection to the McMillan.

With a 25MOA EGW base and Bushnell 6-24x50 FFP scope, I didn't "need" an adjustable cheekpiece with the T2 (or the A5 for that matter) but it is nice to have. If you're on the fence about this, one option is to order your stock without it and see how it works. If not comfortable, you can try a $40 stock pack OR down the road when funds permit send the stock to 'stockdoc' on SnipersHide and he'll install a KMW (Terry Cross) adjustable cheekpiece into the stock for about $175, IIRC.

Give Manners a call and talk to them; Tom has a program where he'll send stocks out to prospective customers to see if they are a good fit, and all it costs is shipping both ways.

EDIT: another option that might save you a few pennies is ordering a McMillan through 24hourcampfire.
    Hello everyone, I am new here, first post new. I really wasn't aware this site existed but I am certainly glad it does. I have learned a lot simply reading the posts and threads. This post is particularly of interest to me because I am also a Savage shooter looking to upgrade my stock. I have the 10 FPSR LE in .308, It is a great out of the box shooter but I know with a better stock it will perform even better. For days I have bounced from Stockys, to Manners, to Combat Stocks, and on and on. Budget wise, the Medalist from Stocky's is in my price range but as was said earlier, you truly get what you pay for. "That said, my rifle didn't shoot any better in the T2 than it did in the Medalist.", well, that information is incredably valuable to me. Does anyone else share this thought? Thanks
    Last edited by malachi_s; 10-17-2012 at 09:36 AM.