Quote Originally Posted by thumper4fun View Post
82boy,
Do you have a recommendation on a different bolt handle? If it is a factory savage bolt handle I know I can use it, but if you're recommending an aftermarket piece once again I will have to check with the rules committee.Also, what are your thoughts on bedding the action? I figure that would have been one of the first recommendations but it may not be necessary on these newer BR rigs.
Thanks
Best bolt handel I have seen is the SSS tactical, unfortianaly there is not a lot of options. I have also had good luck with taking a factory small ball bolt handel grinding it down, and then taping it, and adding a Pacific tool bolt knob. It will be the same length as a SSS, but it will even be lighter.

As far as bedding, I would recamend doing such, if rule permit, I did not mention it as it is usualy a dead give away. Honestly savages are very forgining on bedding, and you may or may not see an advantage in doing so, but if it is aloud, It would be one of the first things on the list. The 12BR I had had a wied ring to it when fired, and we could never figgure it out, there has been a few report of this happening, most say they dont notice it. I would contribute this ring to the bedding.