Thread: Do you continue to experiment with loads ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forgot to add that it was my friends .222 40X and first time I ever shot the rifle.

acemisser
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSavage View Post
    Forgot to add that it was my friends .222 40X and first time I ever shot the rifle.
    still **** good shootin.We do the f class at 250 2 relays of 20 shots total of 4 targets with 10 shots on each target
    for score...I am going to be trying my 22-250 this week end....I am sorry but I just had to bust on you about the
    50 yards groups...John

LOL!!! There is another local match in Odessa about an hour away for me that is 250 yards, I've only shot my .308 there and yeah it can print some tight groups but usually I shoot in the 180's with it a few low 190's so far being my second year shooting in match's, 3rd year reloading. My first year I don't think I even made a 180 score, but that 199 33X score of mine with the .222 was mind blowing. My friend who owns the gun has shot a 200 33X this year and one match the top six shooter's all had 200's with 1st place having 37X's. I think I was like 15th place with my .308 with a 192, and there was no score under a 180 that day with over 20 shooter's!

acemisser
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSavage View Post
    LOL!!! There is another local match in Odessa about an hour away for me that is 250 yards, I've only shot my .308 there and yeah it can print some tight groups but usually I shoot in the 180's with it a few low 190's so far being my second year shooting in match's, 3rd year reloading. My first year I don't think I even made a 180 score, but that 199 33X score of mine with the .222 was mind blowing. My friend who owns the gun has shot a 200 33X this year and one match the top six shooter's all had 200's with 1st place having 37X's. I think I was like 15th place with my .308 with a 192, and there was no score under a 180 that day with over 20 shooter's!
    I have shot there and from what your saying about your 308 I think I know who you are..You shot there at the memorial shot I think...I shot my 308 as well...

Quote Originally Posted by acemisser View Post
    I have shot there and from what your saying about your 308 I think I know who you are..You shot there at the memorial shot I think...I shot my 308 as well...

Yes, I was at the Darkeagle memorial shoot, with my BVSS .308. I'm the tall thin guy 35 year old, I didn't to to good that day because I couldn't get on paper for about 10 shots, then finally the guys walked me back on paper but I didn't have enough rounds left to put on the score target. I found out what the problem was though, my scope wasn't responding to the adjustments then all the sudden it would jump, so that scope has to go back to the factory for repair.

I'm planning on shooting at Odessa this Saturday and they have made some improvements to the range so the target's are not cramped up on the side hill anymore.
    Of course I'll have a slightly tweaked load this time,, always trying to do better, match's are a great place to see if your load is up to snuff or not and if little changes too the load make much of a difference.

I'm a little worried though because I'll be using my 16X scope and at 250 yards I might have to get up and look through Scotts spoting scope to see where I'm hitting.

Hope to see you there!

Regards.
    Dan

Thank's Frank, seating depth makes a big difference, even with the velocity. With one particular load I crono'd jammed at 2580, .005 off lands 2520, .010 off 2550, .020 off 2580, and .030 off was just over 2600! ( this was .308 w175 SMK and 42 grain Varget)

Dan