Quote Originally Posted by bajabill View Post
I had a savage barrel that was really hard to debarrel, was suggested that the residue was blueing salts.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...174#post110174

Shipping difficulties are certainly troublesome for the person impacted, but be careful if you are suggesting an entire product line should be avoided due to this isolated incident. It happened, sure, its a data point... I had an issue with the parts department, they handled it, I got what I wanted and actually feel very fortunate that I was able to obtain the part. I bought an aftermarket 375hh barrel without the muzzlebrake, they found one for me. I dont think they offer the combination anymore and they had to look deep into the shelves to find the correct pieces. True, before sending the parts someone did not confirm they fit. But, do I think that was the same person who makes all of the Savage Axis guns - no. Does it suggest the entire operation has procedural issues, who knows, its possible, but who could make that determination confidently with the information known.
Naw--I wouldn't have bought TWO of them to begin with if it weren't for Savage's fine reputation to begin with. Remember, I said I was an inexperienced newbie--so I simply walked into a store and bought the things.

In my case it may be pure coincidence, but I've simply had repeated bad luck with the purchases and trying to get parts. It's not the first time I've had issues with a firearm purchase from a manufacturer--but the kind of response and service I get from a manufacturer is a big deal to me. I'm just giving my honest opinions about what I feel about these guns based on my experiences--not that everyone is going to get bad results and should stay away from them. I learned a lot from this experience and am ready to move on--my goal is not to slander Savage's reputation publicly because I'm pissed off--be clear about that.