Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
I think sales has a lot to do with it. The Remington 7MM Magnum is a hard act to follow and the WSM does nothing the old Remington doesn't do except fit in a short action. I built a 7MM WSM a while back and it shot really well but I'm not sure it was more accurate than the 7MM Magnums I have had over the years. The WSM case design is definitely better than the belted magnum.

I do have some unfired 7mm wsm brass lurking about if anyone is interested in some.
Well I think the 7mm wsm and Saum seem to out perform the 7mm rem mag from what i read. Less recoil, less powder, shorter bolt throw. Should be less chance of short stroke and performs with a shorter barrel reducing weight. Looks like about 2 inches or so diference at 500 yrds according to the winchester ballistic calculator 7mm wsm the higher point rem mag lower, 300wsm 3 inche and some chage different lower than the rem mag. I ave no experience with either though, but just read a lot about them. Really im a 30 cal guy but the 7mm wsm seems like another good option for long range hunting.