308 and 270 will kill 'em real dead although I've seen 130g soft points from a 270 almost rip a coyote in half. If it were me, and I had those options I'd grab the AR.

Calling is kind of an art form, that I obviously haven't mastered! Didn't see squat this morning...just a bunch of deer. Any time of day can be good for yotes although I spend most of my time in the field early and late. Night hunting does require specific equipment and you may need to check your local laws. Here in IL., we can only hunt coyotes at night during certain times of year. It is fun though and a shotgun would probably be best.

Nothing wrong with using the deer blinds but be aware that a coyote will pin point the location a call is coming from at quite a distance. Volume should probably be dictated by terrain. If you think there may be coyotes close, start quiet and increase the volume as you spend more time in that spot.

I keep the nice ones but the rest are left for the buzzards and worms.....you may want to check and see if there is any market for hides in your area though.

You're about to start a very addicting and humbling adventure! May the force be with you! ;D