I bought some sorta cheap Military ammo locally. It is from India, around 1980's production. Still have not fired it because I have been reloading my own ammo and have gotten verynexcellent results that way. I dont plan on using this ammo ( maybe 50 rounds anyway) and will probably give it my friend who has an M1A and it shooots almost anything. It would really not serve much use for me to shoot it as its probably not going to have same impact point as my handloads and I want to keep things consistant. I did buy some Magtech ammo awhile ago and it jammed the bolt after it fired. Had to tap the bolt handle with wooden stick to eject the empty. Someone said the Savage Model 10 must have a very tight spec chamber. My M1A friend had no trouble shooting all the Magtech.
As far as corrosive ammo goes, that stuff will never touch my Savage.......corrosive ammo leaves behind salty deposits after firing, it has to be cleaned out immidiatly with hot water and soap, in addition to regular cleaning. . Not worth it to me to expose my expensive(to me anyway) rifle to that kind of trouble.
By the way..yesterday I shot a 1.4 inch three round group at 300 yards...yes ...300 yards. with some of my latest handloads . So I plan on not messing with much of the commercial ammo . the only thing I would be tempted to buy would be more of the Federal 150 gr. Power Point ammo. Last time Walmart had it at $14 box earlier this year. That stuff was giving me 1 inch groups at 100 yards. I still use the cases for my reloading .