well i just spent the last hour adjusting that screw in and out to no avail, even tried filing the top of the set screw flatter so it slides easier but without the clip i still cannot get the safety on my other rifle to work correctly either, i should mention that both my rifles have canjar triggers installed befor i purchased them. i dont know if the canjar came with a new safety bar or not. without the clip i screw in the set screw and i cannot get the safety to move without using a tool to push it over but the sear does not disengauge when the safety is switched off. i screw the set screw out just enough so i can move the safety by hand and when i switch the safety off the sear disengauges.

Stangfish: you listen up. you and other posters like yourself are the reason i quit this forum years ago. dont tell me what i got and dont got. i dont care if he was the president of the united states. that doesnt make my safety work correctly. i took his advice and moved the screw in and out. Before he recomended it and after. and both times it failed. which leads me to believe i got other problems.
Capeche?

so back on topic, Sharpshooter: is there anything else you can think of that would make my safety work incorrectly without the dust cover?