I had it all apart about 5 times & keep coming up the same way. Right at the back side of the bend on the bolt handle - it's just enough to put a nasty scratch / gash on my scope if I pull it back all the way.

The very first thing that popped into my mind was the bolt handle has a bend that's wide for some reason. I don't know how they're made so I can only speculate on how the bend is made.

On the back side of the bolt handle, there's a recess - rectangular in shape - right in the middle of that rectangular recess, is a raised piece that crosses the rectangle.

Right there is where it hits the eyepiece / bell of the scope.

I tried everthing. Swap bases, swap rings, slide scope fore & aft, select curse words, most begining with "F".....
I suspect it's "just one of those things". The bolt handle may not be rolled / bent fully. If I knew it wouldn't snap, I's lock it up in the vice & lean my dainty 200lbs on it.

I know typically, rule of thumb, or trigger finger as the case is, scope wants to sit as close to the barrel without touching & allow for recoil, vibration, heat expansion, on & on.
With the rings I have right now, there's about 3/8th inch between the scope & barrel. I'll need to look into this. Otherwise. I'll lose sleep over it

Frank in Fla