Quote Originally Posted by nsaqam
You can't just shorten the dies or short ream the barrel because the base diameters are the same on the .223 and the TCM.

Dave Kiff at PTG does reasonably priced work for your chamber reamer and CH dies can make make any die you want also reasonably priced.

Another option is to have Kiff make you a chambering reamer, chamber your barrel, and send it back to him to cut it a little smaller for your die reamer. Then get blank dies from CH and cut your die chamber. Polish it and have it hardened and you're golden.

Another die option worth exploring is to get a .223 Lee Collet die and trim the collet to the length required for the TCM. The only problem you may have there is if the TCM is so much shorter than the .223 that you'll have to trim the collet so much that you'll be up into the collet slits.
If it will work though this is a very easy and inexpensive way to get a die. You also need to make a spacer the same thickness as the amount trimmed.

I've modified several LCD's to work with shorter cartridges and it's easy.
Please don't take this wrong, cause I really do not know the answer, but why can't I just shorten the die or short ream? Bear in mind that I have not measured the .704" from the bottom of the brass to see what the dia is, but looking at the pic of the TCM, it is slightly smaller at the base than the 223 case, so I thought it might work out.

What's the difference between std die and the collet die? Never used or seen a collet die.

Boots,
Yea I see that now. I will update. I may contact Lee and ask them about what the dia would be if .704 were removed. That would really be sweet if it were that easy.